Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A "strange" sense of relief

Well, our stuff is in a GIANT 40' container.
The bug is strapped down inside and ready to go.
We paid the bank draft today...barf.
Our container goes on the train tomorrow and heads to Montreal.
From Montreal it sails to the port at Rotterdam, NL
and is scheduled to arrive in Holland on December 27th.

There is a definite sense of relief that our stuff is packed and on its way
and we will meet it there.
We are living with the bare minimum of supplies.
Eating off paper/plastic plates.
We have borrowed cutlery, coffee cups, some living room furniture
a table and chairs to eat at and 2 beds for the kids.
We are pretty comfortable.
Kind of crazy to think we just spent a gazillion dollars
to send our belongings overseas yet we are surviving
just fine without any of it.

And....we signed our rental contract yesterday so its
officially official!
Our new address is:

Willen de Nobelaerlaan 21
2273 HL
Voorburg, Netherlands

I am SO excited!
I can't wait to set up our things and make it our home.
Put our touches on that beautiful house.
And maybe I'll make a trip or five to Riviera Maison
(my FAVE store in Holland)
for a few extra decorative goodies :)


1 comment:

  1. I think it is so neat how your are getting to see what you ACTUALLY need to live comfortably. And thank-goodness friends/family lent you some furniture. I was worried for u! Did someone lend you a coffee maker, too? ;)

    ReplyDelete